2017 Pacific Northwest VHF Society Conference
October 13 - 14, 2017
Moses Lake, Washington
Best Western Lake Front Hotel, 3000 Marina Drive, Moses Lake, WA 98837. See Google map .
There were 76 attendees.
See the 2017 Photo Gallery.
- Building VHF Antennas — Jim K7ND
- Zone 2 Road Trip — Marshall Williams K5QE
- Antenna Physics: Noise and Temperature — Bob Zavrel W7SX
- WSJT, FT8, and MSK144 Discussion — Moderated by Jim K7ND
- Society Meeting — Society president Gary WA7BBJ
- Awards — Contest chairman Chuck N6KW
- Prize Drawings
- Group Photo — Lake Front
- Swap Meet — Lake Front
- Dinner — Michaels on the Lake
Etienne K7ATN — 2017 VHFer of the Year
For recruiting and mentoring regional hams in VHF, Microwave, and SOTA activity, along with developing skills in building antennas and operating contests and more. His enthusiasm is catching and admirable.
Grand Prize Winners
Thanks to donated prizes by Icom, Yaesu and Directive Systems, we had great prizes at the 20th Annual PNW VHF Conference in Seaside, Oregon. In a surprise move, Barry K7BWH was called first and, since he won the grand prize four years ago, he declined and the grand prize winners were:
Icom IC-7100 went to Kim Aiken AC7YY of Pacific Beach, WA
Yaesu FTM-400DR went to Wayne Connell KF7QHQ of Snohomish, WA
Directive Systems 6-el 144 MHz rover antenna went to Paul Nelson N7JPF of The Dalles, WA.