2008 Society Information
The Pacific Northwest VHF Society was established in the summer of 2001 for the purpose encouraging weak-signal VHF, UHF and microwave activity in the Pacific Northwest. It was the culmination of many efforts over the years by weak-signal operators throughout the region to bring others of like interest together.
Applications for membership were accepted, beginning on September 22, 2001. By October 31 of that same year, the society had already passed the 100-member mark. Today, in 2008, it has more than 300 members. Recognition as a non-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Washington was granted to the society on December 14, 2001. Status as an "Affiliated Club" was granted by the ARRL on February 7, 2002.
The society's charter includes the following objectives:
- Encourage weak-signal VHF+ activity throughout the Pacific Northwest
- Bring together US and Canadian weak-signal enthusiasts in the region
- Provide information and assistance for newcomers to this exciting facet of amateur radio
- Provide a "regional voice" for Pacific Northwest VHF+ enthusiasts
- Provide channels for the exchange of technical information such as an e-mail reflector, "official" web site and a quarterly on-line newsletter
- Sponsor an annual VHF+ technical conference
- Sponsor regional operating events, social gatherings, etc.
- Sponsor an awards program recognizing the accomplishments of Pacific Northwest VHF+ operators
- Offer a "club competition" opportunity in the ARRL VHF contests
- Cost to join is just $10 USD. If you haven't joined yet, why not do it now? Membership entitles you to enjoy the growing list of benefits available to PNWVHFS members.
- A membership application is available here.
- In 2008, our mailing address is:
Pacific Northwest VHF Society
25815 176th Pl SE
Covington, WA 98042
Membership numbers will be assigned sequentially as received. You will receive a confirmation e-mail when your check is received. Your membership certificate will follow sometime later.
Questions about membership should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org